Indulge yourself with this delicious crispy and chewy vegan chocolate meringues recipe
1. Pre-heat the oven to 110ºC, 90ºC FAN, gas mark 4.
2. Drain the can of chickpeas over a bowl, saving the chickpeas for another recipe
3. Using an electric whisk, beat the chickpea water until soft peaks form (similar to egg whites). Add the sugar a little at a time, whisking constantly until thick and glossy. You will need to whisk for at least 8-10 minutes, much longer than with ordinary egg whites.
4. Swirl 1 tsp of the choco shot into the mixture using a skewer and a figure of 8 action – don’t over stir
5. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Spoon the meringue mixture on to the tray in 4 large blobs. Bake for 60 -80 mins until crisp. Leave to cool.
6. Great on their own as a treat or with vegan ice-cream and berries as a dessert