- Cut the cooled cooked baked sweet potato in half and scoop out the soft flesh into a saucepan, discarding the skin.
- Heat a frying pan, add a couple of sprays of theoil and then add the shallot and garlic and cook on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the salt and cumin and cook for a further minute.
- Pour 150ml of the stock into the saucepan with the sweet potatoes and slowly bring to the boil.
- Whilst this is happening take the frying pan of the heat and gently add the remaining stock. Stir to release everything from the bottom of the pan. Gently pour the ingredients into the saucepan with the sweet potatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer for 5 mins.
- Once cooked, allow to cool slightly before blending the soup until smooth. Season to taste with the black pepper.
- Reheat if necessary and served with the fresh herbs sprinkled over the top if required.
This can be made in larger batches and frozen.
Become a member for access to thousands of great recipes - www.healthierforlife.com/pricing