This is perfect for a cold winters day! TIP: don't throw away the seeds. Gently roast them until golden brown and use as a healthy snack.
- Cut the squash in half lengthways, using a large chopping knife. Remove the seeds and peel away the thick skin, using a small knife.
- Chop the flesh into small pieces. Place in a large saucepan with the celery, onions and garlic and dry-fry over a low heat for 2-3minutes.
- Add the thyme, stock and bay leaves and simmer gently until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the bay leaves. Place the soup in a liquidiser or blender and liquidise until smooth. Return the soup to the pan, adjust the consistency with a little extra stock if required and season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, remove from the heat and stir in the yoghurt, reserving a little for the garnish. Pour into individual serving bowls.
Become a member for access to thousands of great recipes - www.healthierforlife.com/pricing