The possibilities with hummus are endless, it's versatile, satisfying and simple to make! Hummus can be served as a dip with raw veggie sticks, crackers, or baked tortilla chips; as a spread on wraps and sandwiches; or as the creamy element of a Buddha bowl. Here are our 5 favourite hummus recipes!
Prep time: 5 minutes Serves 1 96 calories per serving
1. Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Serve with pitta bread, vegetable batons or in sandwiches.
TIP - This will keep in the fridge overnight, use golden syrup as an alternative to Honea
Prep time: 5 minutes Serves 2 146 calories per serving
1. Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blitz until the desired consistency. Transfer to a small bowl and serve straight away or store in the fridge for 1-2 days
Prep time: 5 minutes Serves 2 220 calories per serving
1. Remove the skin from the jacket sweet potato and place the flesh with the chickpeas, Tahini paste and garlic into a blender.
2. Blend until smooth or to a consistency you prefer.
3. Pour into a bowl and dust with a little smoked paprika (optional), serve straight away or store in the fridge for up to three days.
TIP - This will serve 3-4 people as a dip.
Prep time: 10 minutes Serves 4 148 calories per serving
1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place in a food processor.
2. Pour in the milk, garlic and mustard seed and process until smooth.
3. Season with salt and pepper, add the lemon juice and blend again to combine.
4. Add a little milk to adjust the consistency if required and add extra seasoning to taste.
Prep time: 10 minutes Serves 4 168 calories per serving
1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth or a consistency of your choice. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.